All-roads, All Day.
The Wanderlust is a gravel wheel ready for epic mixed-surface rides or cyclocross. With an internal width of 22mm, it’s the “Goldilocks” wheelset offering easy frame clearance without compromising the ability to run a wide range of tire sizes. We improve the stiffness, strength and longevity of a wheel by using an asymmetric (ASYM) rim design than improves spoke tension balance by up to 30%.
Our best-selling wheelset, it is available in 700c/29” and 650b/27.5” options.
Our Approach hubset is built for Astral Cycling by long-time partner White Industries. It includes the same internal mechanisms as their classic CLD hub, but features a bomber heat-treated steel freehub body at a nominal 28 gram weight sacrifice.
All Astral Cycling wheels are hand-build in Eugene, Oregon and feature Tubeless Easy rims you can easily set up at home.
Need a special build? We can do that. Contact us for dream-builds or rebuilds and we’ll make it happen. Services also available through dealers.
Astral Approach Hub Build
- ASYM alloy clincher. 700c or 650b - Disc specific
- Rim Depth: 23mm asymmetric [ASYM]
- Rim Width: [ex] 25mm, [in] 22mm
- Tubeless ready
- Weight: 700c: 1630g, 650b: 1585g
- Brake type: Disc brake, Center Lock
- Spoke count/ lacing pattern: 28H/28H, 2x
- Spoke type: Sapim CX Speed, bladed
- Hubs: Astral Approach made by White Industries
- Hub body: CNC machined in Petaluma, California by White Industries
- Bearing: Enduro precision steel
- Front Axle Options: Boost (15mm,12mm)/15mm/12mm/9mm
- Rear Axle Options: Boost 148mm, Boost 141mm QR/142mm/135mm
- Freehub Options: Shimano HG11, SRAM XDR, Shimano Micro Spline
- Freehub Material: CNC machined, case hardened steel, electroless nickel plated
- Tire size recommendation: See chart in product images
- Includes: Taped for tubeless, tubeless valves and Astral's Certainty
Learn more about your Hub options
*We do our best to ship your wheel order ASAP, but because many wheel orders are built to order, please allow up to one week for shipment once your order is processed. Custom orders like color decals may take up to one week.