We love special projects. They're a chance to sharpen our craft and bring you something truly unique. These Polished Outbacks were a labor of love and only very limited quantities exist. We wish we could make more but their scarcity just adds to the splendor. When they're gone, they're gone.
The Outback is designed for long-distance travel on dirt – from xc mtb epics to XL gravel rigs. The 25mm internal width is built for adventuring, be that on xc mtb trails or endless gravel.
We’ve improved the stiffness, strength and longevity of all our gravel and trail wheels by using an asymmetric (ASYM) rim design than improves spoke tension balance by up to 30%.
Offered in both 700c/29” and 650b/27.5” options.
The White Industries CLD hubset has led the industry in reliability and serviceability for over a decade. A titanium free-hub, fast engagement and full serviceability earn it fans in every cycling discipline.
All Astral Cycling wheels are hand-build in Eugene, Oregon and feature Tubeless Easy rims you can easily set up at home.
Need a special build? We can do that. Contact us for dream-builds or rebuilds and we’ll make it happen. Services also available through dealers
White Industries CLD Hub Build
- 700c/29" or 650b/27.5" - Disc specific
- Rim Depth: 23mm asymmetric alloy clincher
- Rim Width: [ex] 28.5mm, [in] 25mm
- Tubeless ready
- Weight: Weight: 29"/700c - 1595g or 27.5"/650b - 1515g
- Spoke count/ lacing pattern: 28H/28H, 2x
- Spoke type: Sapim CX Ray, Bladed
- Hubs: White Industries CLD
- Hub Body: CNC machined in Petaluma, California by White Industries
- Bearing: Enduro precision steel
- Front axle: Boost (15mm, 12mm), 15mm, 12mm, 9mm
- Rear axle: Boost 148mm, Boost 141 QR, 142mm, 135mm
- Freehub Options: Freehub Options: Shimano HG11, Campagnolo, SRAM XDR, Shimano Micro Spline, Campagnolo N3W
- Freehub Material: CNC Machined 6al4v Titanium.
- Tire size and pressure recommendation: See chart in Product images
- Includes: Taped for tubeless, tubeless valves and Astral's Certainty
*We do our best to ship your wheel order ASAP, but because many wheel orders are built to order, please allow up to one week for shipment once your order is processed. Custom orders like color decals may take up to one week.