Matt is our dealer services master and tech guru. If you've called the shop in the last 10 years, you've likely had the pleasure of speaking to Matt. He's an integral part of our team and the local community. He's a husband, father of twins, cross-fitter, bike-racer turned bike-rider and connoisseur of fine custom frames. Matt rides "forever" bikes he knows and loves, swapping parts to minimize consumption and maximize fun. Check out some photos and see the deets of his super-rad, well-loved, one-of-a-kind custom 'cross-kid-hauler-gravel rig below:
This bike was my pride and joy for many years. It was my first bike I had built for me and the builder, Todd Gardner and I have since become great friends. This was originally built up as a SSCX race rig and I previously swapped wheels with my mountain bike at the time.
After I retired it from racing, it had a second life as a kid hauler. I dragged my girls all over town in their Burley trailer on this bike. They've now outgrown the trailer and many of my friends are picking up gravel riding so I needed a rig to get out and explore. This fit the bill perfectly. I added gears to it and plan to put it to good use with friends on our many local gravel roads, in some local events like the Sasquatch Duro, and with some occasional bike packing/fishing trips. Build details are as follows.
Proletariat OX Platinum steel CX Bike circa 2008 54.5cm
- Custom steel fork
- Custom anodized Paragon sliders
- White Industries Square taper cranks w/ Ti Spindle and 38t ring
- Astral Approach Outback 650b w/ WTB 42c Resolute tires
- Sram Rival 1x11 w/ 10-42t cassette
- Ergon SR All-Road Saddle & Gravel BarTape
- Astral O.N.S. seatpost and handlebar bag
- Misc: Chris King Headset, BB7 Brakes, Speedsleev Saddle bag (tube, tool, tire plugs)