Project 321 hub. Boost thru axles, Micro Spline only.
The Backbone Carbon X is a 30mm internal 27.5 trail-slayer. Stiff, robust rims hold a line in any condition. The light-weight, smooth carbon-ride perfectly match the flickability inherent to smaller wheels.
Made just over the mountains from us in Bend, Oregon, Project 321 hubs offer absurdly fast, 216-point engagement and light-yet-strong alloy free-hubs. We use their “loud” pawl system for rock-solid reliability.
All Astral wheels feature a Tubeless Easy rim profile for painless tire installation and are hand-built by people that care in Eugene, Oregon.
Need a special build? We can do that. Contact us for dream-builds or rebuilds and we’ll make it happen. Services also available through dealers
Project 321 Hub Build
- 27.5" Carbon - Hookless, tubeless ready
- Rim Depth: 25mm Carbon Clincher
- Rim Width: [ex] 37mm, [in] 30mm
- Weight: 1795g
- Brake Type: Disc brake, 6 Bolt
- Spoke count/ lacing pattern: 32H/32H, 3x
- Spoke type: Sapim Race, Round
- Hubset: Project 321, Boost
- Hub Body: CNC machined in Bend Oregon
- Bearing: Precision Stainless
- Front Axle : 15mm Boost (110mm)
- Rear Axle : Boost (148mm)
- Freehub : Shimano Micro Spline
- Freehub Material: CNC Machined Alloy, 216T high engagement, loud
- Tire size recommendation: See chart in product images
- Includes: Taped for tubeless, tubeless valves and Astral's Certainty